My Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is cancelled. What’s next?

What is a CoE?

A CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment) is one of the compulsory documents needed for international students applying for a student visa in Australia. It is issued by the education provider and specifies the details of the applicant as well as the course.

If you are enrolled to a course package (more than one course), you will be issued a unique CoE for each course. You can apply for two or more courses as long as they are related and qualification of the next course is higher than the previous one. For example, a course package of Certificate IV in Business and Diploma of Business. Read more about the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF). 

Getting a CoE

To get a CoE issued to you, you can either engage an education agent (such as us!) or the education provider and start the course application process. When you meet all the essential requirements such as paying the requested fees and providing necessary documents, the education provider will issue you with a CoE so that you can proceed to your next step – student visa application.


Maintaining a CoE

When you have been granted a Student Visa, it is part of your obligation to comply with the visa conditions as stated on your visa.

One of the conditions is visa condition 8202 where you are required to:

Why is my CoE cancelled?

As mentioned above, if you fail to comply with any of the above requirements, the education provider will send a warning letter to you and also invite you to a study intervention strategy to hopefully help with your situation. If you did not respond, or if after multiple interventions you still fail to meet the requirements, the education provider must cancel your enrolment and notify the immigration about the reason of your cancellation (source).

What do I do now?

Lawfully, you have 28 days to take the next step. You need to either:

  • re-enrol to the same course and education provider,
  • enrol to another course (same AQF level or higher) within the same education provider or a different education provider,
  • apply for another visa; however, if you are holding onto your student visa during the processing time, you still have to meet your student visa condition, i.e. being enrolled to a registered course and education provider, or
  • leave Australia within 28 days from the date of your enrolment cancellation.

How can Brightannica help?

Brightannica has been around for 15 years and has a dedicated team to look after you. What is seemingly overwhelming to you is our expertise after working on so many of these cases, including CoE cancellation or enrolment cancellation.

Reach out to us and we will not only recommend you the best possible option for your situation but also guide you through these details until the issue is resolved!

Leave your contact information below or send an email to so we can help.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *